Sunday, May 6, 2012

Appropriately named

Welcome to my blog.  Why did I choose to name it "WALKING MY A$$ OFF"?  Because when I was in my late teens, I watched my neighbor walk her A$$ off by walking an hour a day around the neighborhood.  Then I watched my godmother walk her A$$ off by walking on the treadmill.  These ladies shrunk before my eyes.  Their legs got thinner, their hips got narrower, their tummies flattened, and their A$$ES fell off!  Well, that was an impression that stayed with me.  And guess what?  They've kept it off.  When I recently weighed in at my all-time high, I decided that I had to do something.  I was walking like an old lady (I'm 44) and my knees hurt. Since my mom had her knees replaced, I figured it was in my future as well - unless I got the weight off.  So five weeks ago, I started walking.  Every morning.  I average 2 to 2.5 miles.  It takes 45 minutes or less.  I have lost about 8 pounds.  I have more energy and my knees hurt less.  I have so much more to tell you!  Every morning my brain goes into high gear and I have about 10 stories already outlined to share on this blog.  I will post once a week on Sunday.  So check back next Monday morning.

6 comments:

  1. I saw her too! She always was so inspiring! So now you are my inspiration! Walk! Can't wait to read and see your progress. Congratulations on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shari! I am grateful for your help on getting it started. Your own blog is truly inspirational:) everydayhighsandlows.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, here is some inspiration, I pulled this off the year book.


    Harry
    http://product1.eesc.com/lori/lori.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Harry! How did you know my cheerleader figure is what I'm trying to recapture?! I have a magic number as my goal, and it's probably close to what I weighed in that picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Wow Lori, this is Great! I enjoy seeing you out in the AM. Keep it up & I will continue to encourage you!!:)

      Delete