Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Summer

Well, I still have my A$$.  My "45 by 45" plan was a bit of a bust; however, I did lose 17 pounds trying!  Maybe if I'd given up DQ Blizzard runs with my family, cookies, and Chuck & Dave's Mexicali dip, I might have seen better results. I'm attending a wedding on September 15, so I'm hoping to lose another 10 by then.  When I eat healthy (lots of fruits and veggies, lean protein, and no junk), I do see results.  Since today is my birthday, it's a good day for me to make some resolutions.

You'd think not working this summer I would have made all kinds of progress, but I stayed up too late, which meant I slept too late, and many hot days meant I didn't get my walk in.  I tried walking at noon one of those days and nearly got heatstroke!  It scared me enough to commit to walking in the morning or at night when it was cool enough.

I did walk most days.  What I learned is that my best days are the ones that I walk first thing in the morning. Unemployment was what got me addicted to walking (to ward off depression), but it's also what got me down.  What can you do but say, "Today is a new day!"

So, today, I started my day with a walk.  I'm packing a healthy lunch and snacks.  And I get to go to work today!  I have secured two part-time jobs and I'm giving them my all. And the pants I wore to work in May are looser today.  So, I'd say my Walking My A$$ Off quest is still underway:)

No comments:

Post a Comment