Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Critters & weeds

I still enjoy mall walking, but I've only taken the opportunity to do so once since I started this walking journey.  I'm going to limit it... because the window shopping is simply too tempting.  (Although it does keep you up-to-date on fashion trends!)

Since I walk outdoors before sunrise and/or after sunset, I've seen my fair share of squirrels and bunnies.  One night I had quite the scare when a skunk ran across my path!  In the morning, the birds' song is spectacular.  I am definitely an inside girl; however, I really like this walking outdoors thing.  It makes me feel a part of nature.

Unfortunately, it has also caused me to be somewhat obsessed with weeds.  Don't kid yourself into thinking that no one notices your weeds but you!  If they are in the front yard, people walking their dogs, pushing their stroller, or walking/running for exercise most definitely notice.  Most of the time I'm in my own world, lost in my own thoughts, but when it's daylight: I'm admiring landscaping.  And I'm amazed how many people don't edge their lawn.  Do you realize how much wider your sidewalk could be if you'd just keep your grass edged!  When I'm walking alone, it's not an issue, but when people are walking two by two, it gets a little annoying. 

Two other things I'll now NEVER be able to do:  leave branches on the sidewalk after a storm AND not shovel the sidewalk when it snows.  Another thing:  DON'T let the vehicle(s) you park in the driveway cover up any part of the sidewalk.  It is a pain in the A$$ to passersby.

What do you notice when you exercise outdoors?

p.s. I fit into another pair of jeans this week!  I am DETERMINED to keep going:)

2 comments:

  1. Lori,

    I so enjoy reading your journey of weight loss. I find you blog very uplifting and humorous. Keep up the good work!!

    Nancy

    P.S. You looked AWESOME in your "new" jeans Monday night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nancy! It feels so good to fit into a smaller size and to have your "current" clothes feel too loose!

    ReplyDelete